Homosexuality and Pianotech

pianotune05 at comcast.net pianotune05 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 19 20:42:02 MDT 2006

Hi Tom and othes enjoying this thread that I have no idea how it got started,
I'm glad you don't pee in the pool because I want to join the pool in Villa Park when I move up there.  As for discussion lists, I guess a thread once in a while off top doesn' t hurt.  Pianos and religion are actually related.  Here are some examples:
tuning for a church
someone praying that they gain additional tuning business
demonstrating fairness to customers and discussing business practice all have a religious root.

In all honesty, religion is interwoven in our daily lives whether we notice or not.  Which religion we believe matters in essence as to where we spend eternity but religion itself doesn't matter in the sense that it is part of our daily lives how we treat others and so on is part of religious beliefs.

chosing to treat a customer with honest dealings as I mentioned falls into a religious category

As for gay or not gay, I'm not sure how topics on the homosexual lifestyle fit into piano topics unless someone tunes a piano for a customer who professes to be gay.

Hope this sheds some light on the topic
Marshall

From: Tom Sivak <tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net>

What if someone posted something on pianotech and happened to mention homosexuality?  Then someone posts a response.  Then another response comes in.   There are posts from some obviously gay technicians, and posts from technicians who don't like homosexuals.

Soon the list has more posts about homosexuals than about pianos.

Inappropriate?  Ridiculous?

Yes.  But no more inappropriate than the recent thread about religion.

There are discussion groups online for gays and homosexuality.  There are discussion groups online for religious topics.  And the people who subscribe to those lists want to discuss religion.  Or homosexuality.

AND THERE IS A DISCUSSION GROUP ONLINE FOR PIANO RELATED TOPICS. PEOPLE WHO SUBSCRIBE TO THAT LIST WANT TO DISCUSS PIANOS.

I don't pee in the pool, nor swim in the toilet.  And I don't discuss religion at inappropriate times.

But that's just common courtesy.

Tom Sivak