Renner vs Schaff parts

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Jun 22 09:48:46 MDT 2006

Yes!  I'm definitely a Renner person though lately I've been hanging a
bunch of Ronsen Wurzen felt hammers on those Renner shanks.  I just did
hammers & shanks on a Steinway "D" last week and I've ordered some for
an "L" for that I'm working on.  The (Renner) shanks are OK on the "L"
so it only gets new hammers.  If you haven't tried some with the Wurzen
felt you are really missing something.  To me, they get the sound that I
think Steinway is trying for with their hammers but miss.

dp

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu