twisting front rail key pins

Scott Jackson ScottWayneJackson at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 20:04:08 MDT 2006

If you take a look at brand new pianos from Chinese factories, they often
over-size the mortice, then regulate by turning the front pin. Better option
than having sticking keys I guess. It's a good reason to make the front pin
eliptical, otherwise it may as well be round.

Scott Jackson
Jurjens Pianos
www.jurjens.com.au