Tuning pins more longs

afinador afinador at ig.com.br
Sat Jun 24 18:05:56 MDT 2006

I make restorations of piano in Belo Horizonte MG - Brazil. To five years
that we have used only the Denro mark for tuning pins. I am ahead of a
problem: He is in the phase of re-stringing old uprigth Bechstein. This
model is not very common in Brazil therefore its pinblock is closed (for the
iron plate) and does not possess bushings in tuning pins. The plate of iron
in pinblock has 7mm of thickness and tuning pins that I removed of there had
75mm of length.  Then. No American or German suppliment company who knows
offers tuning pins longers today (6/0 or 7/0 x 2-3/4).  Will not be possible
to substitute pinblock for a budgetary question (and nor she would advance).
 I promise a statue in the door of our workshop who to help me to find
tuning pins 6/0 or 7/0 longer than 2-1/2.  Much thankful
Francisco Motta
afinador em ig.com.br