Rochester: first thoughts

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Thu Jun 29 00:09:46 MDT 2006

Friends----

Just back from the East Coast, back in the maelstrom of ³real life,² and
have so many thoughts feelings, and reflections about the conference; had a
great, deep experience in a lot of ways.

Perhaps the most meaningful, the most joyous thing was connecting in a real,
personal, caring way with some people I¹d never had the pleasure of meeting
before----Jon Page, Greg Newell, Nick Gravagne, Peg Browne, Ron Overs, David
Hughes, Jude Reveley, Debbie Legg, Starr Taylor, Roland Kaplan, Melanie
Brooks, Mike Lipnicki, Jared from Bermuda, so many more.

 Also, reconnecting and deepening what was already there with Chris
Robinson, Ron Nossaman, Don Mannino,  Mary Cushing Smith, Fenton Murray,
Stan Ryberg---you ARE the man, my brother---LaRoy Edwards,
Wally Brooks, Dennis Erwin, Joe Garrett, Ferd Pointer, Jurgen Goering,
Ulrich from Berlin....and on and on.

Huge thanks and appreciation to Dale Erwin, my true friend, colleague, and
collaborator. You are the best.

Massive respect and props to Rick Florence, the Institute Director.  He
fought the power and took the bullets in his chest so you guys could have
the Rebuilder¹s Gallery and all the hands-on classes.  He did an amazing,
one-of-a-kind job.  He will always have my respect and admiration.

Thanks and all love and respect to Roger Jolly; your
snarly/cranky/arrogant/rogue persona masks a brilliant, brilliant technician
and a huge heart of gold. O captain, my captain....  :---)

This was a real magical Conference; I¹m not missing another one; I loved
being ensconced in a complete piano bubble for a week. The best working
vacation.

David Andersen

P.S. TRULY sorry I missed the Pianotech gathering on Saturday; I was
overbooked and frazzled...next time, the beer is on me.