v-bar/capo repair

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:49:26 EST

HI  Barbie
  I Believe Ron Overs has done this but not with the plate in the  piano.
There is as I recall a precise grinding protocol & I'm would  defintely not
agree to do this upside down & in the piano or without  disclaimers or a huge
liability insurance policy.
  Dale Erwin

I know there are some pianos that have some sort  of rod installed at the
v-bar.  Is it possible to do the same with this  piano at the capo?  Has anyone
done it?  Do you have detailed  instructions?  Will someone hold my
hand?.....Please?

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond,  RPT