v-bar/capo repair

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:24:37 -0600

Barbara,
While this is a patch of a fix, you may want to consider Pitch-Lock
string couplers.  I'm presuming that putting a brass dowel down on
the front duplex string silences the duplex noise.  You can couple
both outside strings to the center string and then slide the
"staples" until you tune a pleasing interval off of the speaking
length.  It works to get rid of the noise while you investigate
permanent difficult fixes.

Machining in a hardened rod still requires access to the bottom of
the capo as far as I know.

Good luck,
Andrew