beginner seeking advice

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:01:59 -0500

I think the vacuum I used earlier was at a440 or close.  It was a =
different pitch on the low setting. Does anyone here own an Oreck? =20
Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Thomas Cole=20
  To: Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 4:06 PM
  Subject: Re: beginner seeking advice

  A and F natural here on the left coast. A is dead on 440 according to =
my CyberFork.

  Tom Cole

  Tvak@aol.com wrote:

=20
=20
In a message dated 2/28/2006 11:54:11 A.M. Central Standard Time, =20
tune4u@earthlink.net writes:

  A land-line telephone. (The dial  tone is an A)
   =20

Actually, there are two tones, an A and an F#.  At least in Chicago,  =
that's=20
the case, and in fact, the F# seems a bit louder than the A.   =
So...maybe that=20
might work down in Missouri...but I doubt it...you'd  have =
to...uh...'show=20
me'.
=20
Tom Sivak