jury-rigged pedal rods

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Thu Mar 2 04:33:20 MST 2006

Hi Paul,
               Two possibilities.
1.  The damper hanger bushing clips and the bushing is in the wrong
position. No big deal.   Remove the clips and plug the holes with 5
min epoxy heat with a hair drier and it will run like water and set
up quite quickly. Drill pilot holes for the screws about 1/16" to
1/8" above the old holes. Refit the hanger clips and rod. Regulate
the pedal lifter rods.
You may also have badly worn or missing bushing cloth in the hanger clips.

2.  Remove action and  just bend the spoons further to the side, that
will give you the required clearance, but you will have to regulate
the damper timing on most notes.

Hope this helps
Roger