v-bar/capo repair: Seiler pictures 1

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Thu Mar 2 18:01:37 MST 2006

------=_NextPart_001_0013_01C63DF1.0EFD45D0
Hi All,

Well, I sent four pictures yesterday afternoon to "files", but it still =
hasn't shown up on the list.  Guess the person in charge is busy.  =
Anyway, I wanted to get moving on it. =20

Yesterday I was going to be very near this customers home, so I swung by =
and got some pictures.  I should have mentioned earlier that though =
muting the duplex helps, I also have to keep on top of the voicing.  I =
didn't think much about the voicing since I have frequently found that =
pianos that are approaching extremely bright sound will have the sizzle =
and after voicing the sizzle isn't a problem.  The other reason I stay =
on top of the hammer shape especially, is in the past this piano has had =
a problem with breaking strings.

I have tried pressing on the bridge pins, but it didn't seem to make any =
difference--well, anyway it didn't help.  I haven't tried my vice-grips =
on them though.  I had a bad CA glue day and used CA on the bridge pins. =
 I'm really embarrassed about that picture--I'm usually more successful =
at keeping it under control.   I would have checked the down bearing, =
but was running errands and forgot to bring the tool case with that =
gauge.  Duh.

So, here are the first two pictures, the front duplex angle and a bad =
picture of the length.  I was going to write down the lengths, but got =
distracted by some painters that were working at the house.  For some =
reason they thought I was there to chat.  I should have asked them to be =
quiet.  Next time...

All suggestions and ideas are welcome.  Next, I'll send the other two =
pictures--under the capo/v-bar view and the bridge.

Barbara Richmond, RPT

------=_NextPart_001_0013_01C63DF1.0EFD45D0
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_0013_01C63DF1.0EFD45D0--