v-bar/capo repair: Seiler pictures 1

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Thu Mar 2 19:16:07 MST 2006

Is the counterbearing bar fixed or mobile?  It is kind of interesting =
that
the place you're having the noise problems seems to coincide with the =
duplex
area lengthening, and quite rapidly.  It looks like you have enough room =
insert a brass half round segment in front of the existing =
counterbearing
bar on the first note in the capo section and see what happens.  It =
appears
that it would be adequately held in place by the string pressure.  =
Harmless
and easy to remove if it doesn't work.  Choose a piece that is thick =
enough
to duplicate the height of the counterbearing bar farther up the treble
section where you are not having problems.=20

=20

I wouldn't worry about the bridge.  It's hard to tell from the photo =
just
what the shape of the capo is exactly. =20

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20