near impossible tuning

A440A at aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri Mar 3 00:46:56 MST 2006

Greetings,
   While I am wrestling with a bear, it occurs to me to ask if any others
have also,and what perhaps helped.
I am dealing with a 4 year old Kawai RX-6 that is giving me more stability
problems than any piano I have dealt with in 30 years. It is in a large church,
full amplification, monitors and everything, however, it is not being played
excessively hard.  The humidity is far more consistant than many other venues I
work around, and it has a complete humidity control system.  The pins are
plenty tight,etc.   The problem is rendering!
      It occurs in the capo sections.  It is one of those pianos that feels
like there is no friction on the capo bars or string rests.  I have had unisons
with 5 cents in them appear before I finish the tuning, and while I can
usually finagle the obvious wild unisons back into place, by the next day, there is
always a few with a cent or two showing up.
      Anybody else run into this and find a magic, silver bullet?
Thanks,

Ed Foote RPT