near impossible tuning

A440A at aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri Mar 3 03:06:23 MST 2006

John writes:

<< Is there a lot of flagpoling and the pitch goes wayyyyy up or
down depending on the pin movement?<>
Since the smallest actual movement of the pin in the block results in 20+
cents pitch change, I just discount 18 of those cents and work with it until
it falls into proper place.
Also, I ain't so picky with this one either. ;-) >>

I have to be picky here, the piano is miked and broadcast through a concert
size sound system to about a 1000 seat church.  A church that has the music,
(Christian Rock), as a central focus!  I am presently getting the job done with
flag-poling as a tuning technique, and they tell me it is better than it has
ever been, before.  However, maybe all those years in recording studios has
made me incapable of accepting ANY drift in the unisons.  I have a hard time
accepting that I can't beat this thing into shape.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT