beginner seeking advice

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 20:29:37 -0800

Hi,Phillipe! I think,in Europe even vacuum cleaners are tuned to A-444.check
it out,let us know.. Isaac

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Philippe Errembault
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:07 PM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Re: beginner seeking advice

Hi,

I'm new to tuning too and I don't have a tuning fork yet, I'd like to try
the vacuum cleaner tuning first.

a few questions :

1/ I suppose all vacuum cleaners are not tuned on the same pitch. Is there a
Vacuum Cleaner tone Reference List (VCTRL) available somewhere on the net ?
Does this also word with kitchen vacuum ?

2/ I suppose the pitch depends on the temperature... Should I wait for my
Vacuum cleaner to stabilise ? How long ?

3/ I'm in europe and we are supplied in 220V 50Hz. Do you think this can
make a difference in pitch for the same model of vacuum cleaner between
Europe and US ?

4/ If for any reason I had to use a supplemental power supply cable... Is
there a risk that it infuences my reference pitch ? Should I pay attention
to this ?

5/ May I use the same vacuum cleaner for the tone reference and to clean the
piano ?

Thank you for you answers,

Philippe