15. Re: near impossible tuning

John Dorr a440@bresnan.net
Fri Mar 3 05:06:27 MST 2006

I don't know if this will help, or even if it's "legit", but sometimes (like
yesterday) when I get a tuning that the pitch doesn't follow the pin movement
very well -- that is to say, I am moving the pin, and can feel it all the way,
but the pitch doesn't change correspondingly -- I take some of Joe Goss's
"Goose Juice" and dribble it along all the rendering points.  Seems to help.
 (I also view this treatment as "break preventative" when working on rusty
strings and a major pitch change.)

I haven't tried in on the strings in the sections where they pass over felt.
 I guess I have a hard time imagining it would need a little more help there,
but I wonder if I should try that, too?

John Dorr
Helena, MT