v-bar/capo repair: Seiler pictures 1

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Fri Mar 3 21:07:44 MST 2006

Forgot to mention one other point.

Someone pointed out that uprights do not have any of this kind of string
buzzing.  Anyone who feels this way has not had much experience with
Schimmels as they get older.  They utilize a halfround brass termination
which is countered with a usual counterbearing bar of medium size and a
very short length inbetween.  These things can get so noisy and brassy
sounding after just a few years use it just drives me crazy. We have
several at the university and they are just hopless.  I have gotten away
from recommending these pianos because of the issue.  One thing that
I've always wanted to try and just havent gotten around to is to take
one of these and change out the halfround brass to a sharp V
termination.  Ah... perhaps one of these days..

Cheers
RicB