DIRECT MAILING

Dave Bunch pdtek at mchsi.com
Sat Mar 4 17:01:58 MST 2006

Hello- When I first started out 20 years ago and was looking for ways to
drum up business, I made up a promotional letter and sent it to every church
in a 30 mile radius. I found the response rate was about 2%. Not much, but
you have to remember that most places already have a tuner and those that
don't usually like a direct referral from someone that they trust.

That 2% was a foot in the door, however, and the good work I did allowed me
to keep the accounts and the word spread to other churches and private
owners. Probably the biggest break was when the local piano teacher of great
influence on the music community decided to try out this "upstart". When she
was happy with my work, that opened the floodgate to the other teachers in
the area and their students. It all has to start somewhere.

Dave Bunch