Bridge Root Building Success

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Mar 4 19:31:59 MST 2006

After fair bit of experimentation (some with dangerous consequences), some new wood thicknessing jigs, and some new clamping techniques, I have finally been able to build a very nice bridge root that consists of continuous laminae throughout the entire length of the bridge. I had been building them where some laminae terminate at doglegs (which is much easier, quicker, and I still like quite a bit), but I have a client that wished for the continuous type, and so here it is:

The picture below shows the treble dogleg (at right) and the tenor/treble dogleg (at left).

Below is a close-up of the tighter tenor/treble dogleg. Check out the nicely quarter-sawn hard maple laminae!
(Almost looks like a hunk of warped Delignit - except for no dark glue lines - epoxy BABY!)

Oh, and yes, of course, operators are standing by.   ;-)

Terry Farrell