Mystery tool!

John Fortiner jlfortiner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 10:49:41 MST 2006

That tool looks like a device to put a small "goove" in the side of the
shank to allow air and extra glue an escape route when gluing a hammer onto
the shank.
Simply insert the shank and let the screw make the groove in the shank -
with either a straight line of a twisted line which can be produced by
turning the shank as it is in contact with the screw tip.

John Fortiner
Billings, MT.

  _____