Shigeru Kawai EXes Re: Kawai vs. Yamaha

James H Frazee jimfrazee at msn.com
Sun Mar 5 16:16:15 MST 2006

For 49 years I've been a student, performer and teacher and I've played some incredible instruments, both good and bad, in the US, Europe and Asia.  IMO, the Shigeru Kawai EX is the finest piano I've ever played - sound, balance, keyboard response, tonal response, just a gigantic step forward.  But as a budding technician, yep, it's awful dark in there.  If you haven't played or seen one, make a point, make the drive, do whatever you've got to do to experience it.  There, Dan, do I get my free hat now?