v-bar/capo repair (filing compared)

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 6 10:54:39 MST 2006

Hi all,

I have considered all my options and have decided to go in prepared for all of them.  Ric Brekne encouraged me to have another go at the filing (a la Ed McMorrow's suggested shape).

Last night I remembered that Ed actually filed the capo on MY piano.  (Now there's a  story!  He was using my piano for a seminar class.  The action stack to my piano ended up getting lost by the airline, so it missed the seminar but eventually was found in Europe.  That's the condensed version.)

Anyway, if you are interested, here are two pictures to compare (if you can).  001 is the Seiler.  002 is my Steinway which has the McMorrow v-shape.

Barbara Richmond