Black Market Pianos now HC's

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 6 12:08:55 MST 2006

Dry wood down to a lower MC prior to assembly. That would tend to lessen the
chance of the piano pulling apart in a dry environment. 'Course, I suppose
it would tend to increase the chance the piano might explode in a moist
environement!

I'm not supporting any of these practices - whatever they may really be. I
think wood in a piano should be dried down to an EMC in a 40 to 50% RH
environemnt prior to assembly and then the piano kept in such an
environment. Period. Use humidity control.

Terry Farrell