Voicing Kawais was --near impossible tuning

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 09:12:29 MST 2006

Dean
  Btw the caveat to the statement below is of course providing the  board is
capable of sustain.  I have seen one Yamaha C7 & that had only  1 & 1/2 second
of sustain on several notes around C-6.  I voiced it any  way and at least
the tone for the 1 1/2 seconds was way better.
  Dale

  Hi Dean
 Well the statement you make on the bottom of your post  is usually the
problem.  I have voiced or replaced hammers in many older  & newer Kawai & Yamaha
pianos & had tremendous improvements in  tone.  As is the case in so many
pianos with the harder pressed version  of hammers, without out voicing, sustain
will always be short & the tone  an imitation of the sound of shattering
glass.........., unless I sell a  voicing job.