Journal suggestion

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 8 19:47:54 MST 2006

I second the motion.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Kurta
To: marypianosmith at yahoo.com
Cc: Pianotech
Sent: 03/08/2006 3:31:13 PM
Subject: Journal suggestion

    Hi Mary:
    May I make a suggestion for the Journal since you will be taking over the editorship.  Looking at issues of PTJ from years past, I notice the frequent use of pictures of authors with their articles.  Even monthly features showed us who was writing with every issue.  This connected us to that person with more than just a name.  We knew what he/she looked like and if we ever ran into that face at a convention, regional or whatever, it drew us together because  we felt like we knew that person.
    We see Kent Swafford and Barbara Cassaday's smiling faces looking at us each month, consider placing each author's picture alongside their byline at each piece or feature.  In addition, a brief concise bio at the end of each article would further inform us as to who is behind the story.  Give this some thought, a picture IS worth........
    Mike Kurta, VP, Syracuse Chapter