Voicing of high bass on Steinway L

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Thu Mar 9 19:12:22 MST 2006

One simple alternative to changing the problematic low tenor unisons to
wound bi-chords is to restring the low-tension notes with Pure Sound
wire.  This wire is designed to have a better tone at lower tensions.
As well, it has a somewhat lower breaking strength (about 10%).   This
means that the % of breaking strength is higher when using the same
gauge of Pure Sound, improving the inharmonicity in that area.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info at pianofortesupply.com