"hydraulic" artist bench problems

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Sat Mar 11 04:31:24 MST 2006

At 05:05 3/11/2006, you wrote:
>55 lbs. from a bicycle pump is the same as 55 lbs. from an air compressor
>(I'm assuming lbs.= psi). Just as you would want to be sure the bicycle pump
>has a gauge on it to monitor air pressure, make sure the compressor has a
>pressure limiting valve such that the intended maximum pressure is pre-set.
>
>Come to think of it, it's time to pump up my bicycle tires for my Saturday
>morning ride!  (With a compressor!)
>
>Terry Farrell

Have a good ride!    I think the suggestion of the bike pump is
because of the very small volumne of the pressure tank. Smaller than
your tire, even if it's a sew-up.  That compressor had better have a
_real_ fast and _real_ accurate pressure limiting valve.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.