Voicing of high bass on Steinway L

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Mar 11 07:45:31 MST 2006

None of the smaller Steinways are.  In theory, a slight mismatch in the
frequency of the coincident harmonics.  In practice, not much effect and I
haven't had problems tuning unisons on these pianos that wasn't attributable
to a bad string.  However, when making a new bass bridge or cap for one of
these, I usually notch them (that would be before I order the new set of
strings).

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net