Voicing of high bass on Steinway L

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 17:25:28 MST 2006

Hi Mark and Joe,

I believe the inharmonicity goes up by the cube of the length of the
unwound string.

In real life as one climbs the partial ladders each one will diverge
farther and farther apart. The solution is to try to tune the loudest
coincident partial beat free. This will be the best compromise in a bad
situation. The unison will be muddy.

At 07:51 AM 3/11/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>It is my understanding that it is the winding that is the speaking length,
>so no difference.
>Joe Goss RPT

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7