Looking for date on a Sherman Clay

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Sat Mar 11 17:45:38 MST 2006

I had the opportunity to work on a very nice Sherman Clay baby grand this
afternoon. Pitch raise, fine tune and a couple minor repairs. Everybody's
happy. I then went to look up the age of the piano, and while Pierce does
have an entry for Sherman Clay it doesn't have anything listed even close to
this serial number. Nor could I find anything on line. Many changes of
ownership for the Sherman Clay name has left an void for this Sherman Clay
model SDG1, serial number: G021786. Does anybody here know where else I
might look to find this date?

-- Geoff Sykes
-- Assoc. Los Angeles