The kinks, was v-bar/capo repair

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 12:38:31 MST 2006

Jeannie writes:

<< I'm assuming this little kink is done when the piano is up to pitch????
With subsequent tunings, does it have to be done again?  How close to the
capo are you talking about? >>

     I do it when I am tuning and there is a problem, so yes, up to pitch.
Depending on top string tension, the pitch may go up when you put the kink in.
I haven't had to redo them yet.  Usually I try to place the kink slightly
away from the middle of the string's length, but things are crowded behind the
capo bar,so that isn't always possible.

Ed Foote RPT