DampChaser

Kenny Finlayson kennyfin at jetstream.net
Tue Mar 14 01:18:52 MST 2006

Dear List:

Never was I a great fan of DampChaser until recently. This was mainly because in 30 years in the piano industry, I had seen but one system that was cared for. This was the new system with the warning lights.

Meanwhile, a client insisted that I install a DampChaser system in her Knabe salon grand. It was against my better judgement, but she put her foot down!

This piano had always a buzz in the killer octave. There were no obvious loose ribs, and there was a crack. I was the third technician to look after it in 25 years. I told her the same theory as did the others, that it needed major repair, plate removal, repair soundboard, and restringing. After the DampChaser was installed, the buzz for the first time totally healed. It was incredible. Recently I checked with her, it was about three years since we installed it, and she says its fine, never better. I have one happy client, and what's more important, one healthy piano.

Kenny