Piano Troubleshooting

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 12:15:32 MST 2006

Someone gave me a Gulbralsen grand piano not too long ago.  (I guess free is a good price).  There are some issues I have noticed with it, but before I go in and troubleshoot, I thought I'd see what you all had to say.  I did install a complete Dampp-Chaser on the piano already.

  The "E" key next to middle C has been sticking, staying down when used along with the damper pedal, and usually releasing when the "D" next to it is played.  However this doesn't happen every day.  It stuck for a couple weeks at the end of Feb. and the last couple days it has stopped.

  Also the hammers are sometimes "bouncing" in the middle range of the keyboard, causing that little double striking sound.

  Also, the sostenuto pedal seems to work for some keys and not for others; maybe it needs some adjustment?

  Thanks Guys!
Matthew