Shop Dust Control

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 17 08:57:45 MST 2006

Yes, you are right - I didn't my brain didn't process your words fully. I
was thinking you meant a filter on the exhaust from the cyclone - but I
guess by saying an overhead air filter you were talking about an overhead
air filter. NOW I see!  ;-)

The cyclone that I am getting sure claims to trap all but a small fraction
of the tiniest dust - but like I say, I will be exhausting that outside the
shop anyway, so no worries about that stuff going into my shop air at all.
And the 5 hp motor driving a 15" impeller should be moving about 1,500 true
CFM through 6" ducting. That should do a very good job of capturing all of
even the finest dust produced by my machines.

But I agree, even with all that a good overhead air filter would be a good
idea. It will likely take me another 15 years to clean all the existing dust
out of my shop - and during those 15 years I will be continuously stirring
that junk up!

Terry Farrell