Excessive CA Glue

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 17 20:49:26 MST 2006

Start with debonder.

Paul C

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of ibetuner
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 9:05 PM
To: PTG
Subject: Excessive CA Glue

Please Help...

Tuned a new large grand piano for a show...never been tuned before. Piano
was about 30 cents flat.

Tuning pins for E1 thru A1 acted as if they weren't even connected to the
pinblock. Pulled up the pitch and with the hammer still on they unwound
quicker 'n snot (My heart dropped).

Was working on a dimmley lit stage and couldn't see how much CA glue I put
on the pins...got overrun on the plate (not my usual work). Also under time
constraints. I've done a number of pinblocks with CA glue with great
results...works well and looks good.

Pins held OK but would like to clean up the plate...anyone know of a way to
remove the CA Glue...Can I just use debonder?

TNX in advance...

Wayne Lutzow
Associate Member
Lincoln, CA