Rib Layout

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sat Mar 18 04:09:19 MST 2006

I personally think it would be interesting, if not downright
fascinating, if a good discussion about rib layout priorities in all
types of soundboard approaches could get going.  One without all the
usual rhetoric about which approach is best or the rest of all that.  A
simple straight forward discussion about what concerns each type of
board require one takes regard to,  what kind of degrees of freedom one
has, and what the basic results of different kinds of configurations
would have.

We have four basic approaches to SB construction in the modern world.
CC, RC, RC&S, and Laminate approaches.  Coupled with considerations
about rib spacing,  and dimensions... such a discussion could be
extremly valuable.

Cheers
RicB