ear plugs

carlteplitski koko99 at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 19 00:38:01 MST 2006

I am 71 yrs. old, and hear quite well, I think.  At 53 I had my hearing
checked, and the audio
fellow told me my hearing was excellent. He thought it was better than
50% of the  17 year olds
walking around with headphones on. He also thought many of those would
need aids by the
age of 40, because the loud music would ruin their hearing .  I am
planning to check out some plugs
soon, because what I've read on the list leads me to believe that they
would be a benefit.  An
old friend of mine , now passed on, could still tune at 91, although he
didn't hear well when we
spoke.  He was quite frail, so didn't tune, but came with me to see how
my Accu - tuner worked,
and did some aural tuning  just to see if he still could. He was quite
pleased, not surprised, that the Accu - tuner
confirmed his ability.  I wondered how he was able to tune, but had
problems hearing speech. He told
me that he had done his last professional tuning at the age of 88.  We
should all be so lucky.
Curious  as to how the transmitter  thing worked,  mentioned by someone
.  How was it  attached to the piano?
I assume on the sound board  somewhere.  Sounds like a great idea.

Carl / Winnipeg