Odd odds

TOM DRISCOLL tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Mar 20 22:27:01 MST 2006

  Subject: RE: Odd odds

  Alan,

  The other coincidence is that "they both sound pretty darn good." Wow! I've tuned three of them in my few years, and none of them have ever gotten past sounding slightly less miserable. J

  Don't you just love Mr. Janssen's pledge that is on the lid decal?  Did yours have the little fluorescent lights too?

  John Formsma

  List,
      The janssen Creed  along with some very funny claims.
      Excerpted from a popular book on piano values.

      "This is my creed and on it I have built my Piano and Reputation! To give you as nearly as possib!e a dollar's value for every dollar you give me. To treat you as I want to be Justly. Since you may possibly know little or nothing about the material or craftsmanship that goes into the piano you bought, you must naturally rely on me. I want you to do that-and I promise that your confidence shall not be misplaced. Following this creed for a life time , has earned a Janassen reputation, that my product and methods must; maintain. I want to be right and do right. If I fail in any one thing, it will never be because I wanted to.

      AND THIS:  <G>

      The Janssen Console line of quality leaders in the fine piano field are found many of the exclusive features that make the purchase of a Janssen such a sound investment. One of them, the built-in Music Desk Light, has been proclaimed as one of the most beneficial improvements in the history of piano manufacturing. The soft illumination of this fluorescent light, directly below the music, makes other room lights unnecessary and is a priceless safeguard of good eyesight for children and adults alike. The light also effectively combats dampness:, the greatest enemy of a piano's delicate inner mechanism.

      Tom Driscoll