middle pedal of Kawai KG-1D

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Mar 21 13:28:22 MST 2006

I worked for a Kawai dealer in the days of the KG and GS series.  I might be
mistaken, but I think the KG-1 is 5'4".

If you're going to recommend a small grand, this is the one!  I've serviced
a lot of these, they have a nice scale for a small piano.  With the right
attention to voicing, regulation and <string seating>, they can sound quite
lovely.

You might check the strings for corrosion (if the piano hasn't had good
humidity control).  I use those stainless steel scrubbers (Chore Coy) that
leave the strings nice and shiny.  I did this last week to take care of a
GS-40 that had developed some damper zzzt.

Barbara Richmond, RPT