water damage

Jack Houweling JackHouweling at dccnet.com
Tue Mar 21 20:05:09 MST 2006

Hello

I work for an insurance company and get lots of calls for pianos with water damage.  One piano I looked at had been sitting in 6 inches of water. (Heintzman u/r) . The bass strings are rusted, but there is no other sign of damage. I would like to know if in the future could the wood warp, split or glue joints come undone?  I certainly would not like a piano that had water damage. Do I write these pianos off? What amount of water can any piano withstand?

Jack Houweling