water damage

J Patrick Draine draine at comcast.net
Tue Mar 21 20:45:56 MST 2006

On Mar 21, 2006, at 10:05 PM, Jack Houweling wrote:

>   I certainly would not like a piano that had water damage. Do I
> write these pianos off? What amount of water can any piano withstand?

For the purposes of the insurance claim, my opinion is that it should
be completely written off. If you're getting it for a song after it
is written off by you for the insurance company, and can let it sit
in storage and cycle through a full year of summer humidity and a
super dry winter, *then* maybe you'll be ready to see if there's a
future for the poor abused piano. Good luck!
Patrick