Women and Tuning

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Mar 22 07:13:52 MST 2006

At 06:55 AM 3/22/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Mostly women have been at home when I (male) tune, and I am always cautious
>not to give off any signals that would indicate I might be a threat. I would
>think you would be much less a potential intimidation than a male.......
>Les bartlett
>

>Hi all.  I'm a student tuner and my family's main concern is that I am safe
>when going to someone's home.  Can some of you (men and
>women) shed some light on this issue?  Thanks so much!
>
>Michelle Smith
>Bastrop, Texas
>
>--

I second Les' comment and throw in another consideration. In this mostly
rural area, a there are a lot of husbands who ride around with firearms in
their pickups, tractors and combine cabs.

An unfamiliar vehicle parked in the driveway for an hour or so could be
seen as suspicious. Other than cheap advertising, that is one reason I have
the license plates "pno2ner" and pno2nr" on my vehicles.

It pays to advertise.
;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.