Women and Tuning

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Wed Mar 22 08:21:34 MST 2006

Michelle,

I'm not sure that piano tuning work poses more perilous situations than any
other profession.

Of the few not cool moments I've had in 24 years, only one was in a home--I
didn't realize the guy was drunk until I got in the door.  I said, "I have
to leave."  Picked my stuff up and showed myself to the door.

By nature I am a little too polite and smile a bit too much.  So, basically,
I learned that in a setting where I am in an isolated situation and the
other person around is a male, I will acknowledge him, but no smiles,
no pauses for conversation, etc.

The usual rules apply, be alert, use good judgement, go with your
instincts..

Barbara Richmond, RPT