Chipped ivories

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 22 15:45:27 MST 2006

Michelle-

The AcriliKey product is very easy to use if you are a handy, careful arts and crafts sort.  If you make a color mistake you chip it off and do it again.  If you make a poor bond it falls off, and you do it again.

It would be a good "extra" for a beginning technician to offer, since there aren't many complications to getting started.  You might pick up some jobs by offering your work to other technicians and piano dealers.

Similar repairs can be done by mixing CA or CE and powdered pigments, but AcriliKey will give you a good product right away.

Good luck!
Ed Sutton