keytops

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Thu Mar 23 19:28:56 MST 2006

Hi,

We use PVC-E for all keytop work.  I agree with your preference of white for black pianos to a point.  I personally prefer "off-white" on older natural tone pianos.  We can debate what constitutes being acceptably off-white forever.  It's very subjective.  I find when looking at the Schaff off-white without stark white next to it as a comparison, it still seems very white.  I prefer white on newer pianos no matter the case color/finish.  Most piano owners expect white.  On instruments where old ivory is being replaced some customers prefer something not as stark as the white keytops.  We offer the satin ivory keytop w/matching front from Vagias Ventures, as an alternative.  At my discretion, and with enough notice, and pricing change if needed, we will custom order almost any keytop if the technician is seriously committed to a specific brand/color.  Obviously I don't like to be doing this too often though ;-)  Maintaining a standard inventory (as well as efficient and precise machining capabilities) is the reason we can keep the price relatively low and turnaround time short.

BTW, I'll take this opportunity to add....if anyone comments or has a question for me and posts such to this list, and....doesn't hear from me within a day or two, send another post or email directly to me.  I seem to be receiving only every third or fourth digest recently (skipping 2 or 3 here and there).  Don't know what's up.

Debbie