BBB Membership?

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 23 21:46:13 MST 2006

I used to have a consulting company with several employees. We sold
high-ticket services to executives and senior managers so we joined the BBB
just so we could say "Member of the Better Business Bureau" to make people
more comfortable with doing business with us -- or that was the theory.

I wouldn't do it again and I certainly won't join now that I'm a one-man
piano service company and a recovering teacher. I see no benefit. If you
ever got a complaint through them, membership would not change how it was
handled and you don't have to be a member to use their mediation service,
either. So what would be the point, I say.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri