tuning hammer tips

John Fortiner jlfortiner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 21:55:11 MST 2006

The tips need to fit the HEAD, not the hammer shaft.  As to whether or not
that will fit is a guess on my part, but it seems that the threads are
similar.  I'd have to have one to try it out to know for sure.
Why not mic the OD of your lever's head's threads and phone PianoTek to find
out if it is the same??
I have two nylon extension APSCO tuning levers and a Schaff 21 extension
lever (my work horse).  (If you are wondering why two of them - it is
because I paid less than $25 for each of them.  One of those deals too good
to pass up. ) I keep one of the APSCO ones fitted with a 1 1/4" head for the
added reach, but my Schaff has the 7/8" head as I prefer to be as close as
possible to the pin.

John Fortiner
Billings, MT.