Tuning from scratch

Michelle Smith michelle at cdaustin.com
Sat Mar 25 13:54:09 MST 2006

Luckily, I haven't heard any divine voices forbidding the use of a
tuning device!  And I fully intend to buy one.  I was just curious
about how to do things "the old fashioned way".

Actually, the real truth is, we have this old 1913 Ivers and Pond
sitting in our laundry room that I've been practicing on.  (Didn't
want to practice tuning on my teaching piano.)  My husband has
threatened mutiny if I don't get the rest of it at least close to
pitch.  Ha!

Michelle