Spindle Sander Review

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Mar 26 06:34:54 MST 2006

For sanding hammers I don't see how a jig would have the versatility
to accommodate the ever diminishing profile. It's rather easy to develop
the freehand skill.

I have not had the opportunity to use my Rigid Spindle Sander yet
but I would make a raised platform for the extension of the angled
shanks with an angling or tilting option for tapered heads.

I sand shoulder to crown on each side pressing my thumb down
at the appropriate moment as a pivot for the hammer to rotate.

I've been considering inserting a stile or inlaying a plastic disk
for easier radius turning. But decided against it because of the
diminishing radii. Don't want to make things too complicated.
Fussing over alignment takes time and slows the job, freehand is fast.

I have yet to order more sleeves, just to have on hand.
--

Regards,

Jon Page