Yamaha GB1

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Mar 26 09:38:05 MST 2006

> Compared to the other pianos in the Yamaha line. Can't compare apples to
> oranges..so what is your favorite Yamaha Grand?

My point was that the small grands within a product line
typically sound comparatively lousy.

>And what grand pianos would
> you recommend for a good pianist for a teaching studio in "the spare bedroom"?

One that they have personally tried, and that meets all of
their criteria - which likely differ from mine. A good pianist
who intends to teach should already have a fairly detailed
list of preferences. Once they have an idea what they want,
we'll discuss pros and cons, warranty response history,
service history, longevity, etc. I'd also be happy to rebuild
an older piano for them, naturally.

Ron N