Protecting plain wire from rust

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Mar 26 13:22:53 MST 2006

I use the liquid.  I don't like the idea of putting some goo on the strings
that will simply cause dust and other contaminants floating around in the
air to adhere.  I have also wiped the strings down with liquid Protek on a
rag before installing them.  Since I pull out and cut each piece of wire
before winding them onto the first pin it's not that hard.  I just haven't
made of point of doing it every time I string.

I have not used pure sound wire and don't know that much about it.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net